First of all I love Canarias, I try to go at least 1 week every year in Gran Canarias to spend some time under the sun and to the beach.
Then I love patatas arrugadas o papas arrugadas as they would say there.
Very easy, delicious and quick
- 300g of small potatoes/papas
- About 3 handfuls of big salt
- Clean carefully the skin of the potatoes, don’t peal them
- In a large pan, put the potatoes and water until it covers the potatoes, not more
- add about 2 big handful of big salt, don’t be scared. The potatoes won’t be salty inside
- Cook for arround 18mn until the potatoes are cooked and water evaporated. If the potatoes are already cooked but some water is left, remove it.
- Bring back the potatoes on the fire, add 1 handful of salt and keep moving the potatoes by moving/shaking the pan with your hands every minute until the potatoes goes white
- Eat with mojo that you can find in shops or do it yourself, it’s easy.