I made croquettes for the first time actually the other day. I love croquettes, not super healthy but it can be so good. All is on the flavour and the texture.
My first one were quite good, not the best yet but I will make an other try very soon.
These ones were made from chicken and sausage that I brought from Corsica: Figatellu. Very delicious
What do you need?
- 150g of chicken
- 100g of Corsica sausage
- 350ml of broth that we will make
- 550ml of full fat milk
- 150g of butter
- 150g of flour
- 1 onion
- 1 laurel leave
- 1 egg
- 1 carrot
- 30g of flour
- 30g of breadcrumbs
- Salt, black pepper
- oil for frying
- Start by cooking the chicken filet and sausage with oil and onions finely cut
- When it starts to get brown, add the water, carrot and laurel to make the broth
- Meanwhile, start the bechamel by melting the butter and adding the flour
- Once well incorporated, add the milk & broth and cook for 10mn at low fire without stopping to stir.
- Cut the chicken and sausage in tiny bits with a mixer or knife
- Integrate the meat in the bechamel
- Leave in the fridge overnight to get it set
- Make small croquettes with the mixture, roll in flour, then the beaten egg and finally in breadcrumbs
- Fry on all side a few minutes in oil
- Set on kitchen paper to absorb the oil and eat while still warm